Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Where to Begin

First just to give a brief history of myself, I am a chef and have been in the business for over 6 years. I have held almost every position in the restaurant business from the front of house(serving and managing), short order cooking, fine dining, pub food, catering services, and most recently Sous chef of a steakhouse. I might be the easiest diner to impress but also one of the easiest to become annoyed by poor performance.
This Blog is going to hopefully give a glimpse of what a chef thinks anytime he/she sits down to a meal, wether it be in a restaurant or just my own personal cooking/eating experiences. Look forward to reviews of many restaurants from all over the country as well as recipes and posts about crazy food that my friends and I like to whip up.
Chefs have a burden, which we freely accept, of being the "expert" about food amongst our friends. I always love when my friends invite me over for dinner and say things like "well it's not as good as what you could do" or "I hope this is up to your standards'. Honestly, anytime I sit down to a meal I am always appreciative of the time that is put into making that food, especially with the "love" I like to put into my own food. Food for me is a very exciting and creative expression of the cook. The possibilities are limitless and experimentation is always welcome. I hope you have as much fun reading about my thoughts as I do talking about the one thing I truly love, FOOD.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you on the food others prepare for me. When I can sit at the other side of the table and be served I feel like a king, because it is so wonderful to be treated and served, especially when I did not have to cook! lol

    ReplyDelete